Saturday 24 March 2012

Soap and Glory Kick Ass Concealer - Review

Ever since I turned 21 it's been all downhill for my skin. I've never really had to use concealer before and have been putting it off for too long, hoping that these dark eyes and red patches, are just a phase. But it would seem not. I am officially old.
Since I'm so short on money I did a lot of shopping around before buying a concealer, rather than wasting my money. 


I got the Soap and Glory Thick And Fast mascara free with Elle a few weeks ago, which I was actually a little disappointed with, but this concealer kept on coming up with good reviews so I decided to take a chance.
The product is described as 'a three piece flaw camouflage kit'


I've always preferred really simple packaging like MAC, but at the minute I am loving quirky packing such as all the Soap and Glory and Benefit packaging. 


I chose the shade light which was the right shade for me. (I wear MAC NC20) It comes in light and medium, which only changes the face concealer, not the brightening concealer.


It comes in a little compact, which is the perfect size for a make up bag, with a strong clasp.


On the side are labeled the three steps which is cute. 1: Under eye brightening concealer, 2: Superwear face concealer, 3: Concealer setting powder.


On the top layer is the translucent setting powder and a little puff(?) 

I've never used a puff to apply powder before so I'm still getting used to this.. It's impossible to see how much you're picking up so I always end up using too little or too much.


Underneath this layer are the two cream concealers. The one thing that annoys me about the packing is the way the top layer lifts off.. it's a bit fiddly. 


On the left is the 'under eye brightening concealer', which is incredibly creamy and is already disappearing. This stuff is amazing, it does exactly what it says on the tin, and I feel and look so much more awake. If they sold just the brightening concealer I'd buy a whole vat of it!
On the right is the 'superwear face concealer' which isn't as soft but blends well. It doesn't make spots disappear, but does cover red patches brilliantly. 



The setting powder helps to keep the concealer in place all day, and gives a nice finish, provided you don't use too much!


Swatches both concealers, eye brightening on the left and superwear face concealer on the right
I tried using a concealer brush to apply this at first but I found it blends much better with a finger.

I would say that this 'pallette' is brilliant for correcting your skin tone, rather than conceal spots, which is exactly what I wanted.

What's your favourite concealer?

p.s. I should of photographed this when it was all clean and new but I just didn't have time!

1 comment:

  1. I'm really glad you did this review because I wanted to buy it, but wasn't sure!

    Sophie x

    ReplyDelete