Tuesday 20 November 2012

Mac Prep and Prime Skin Smoother Review


Mac's Prep + Prime Skin Smoother is a primer that smooths the skin, fills lines, wrinkles and pores and softens the skin. It is £22.50 for a 10g compact.




The packaging is gorgeous. It comes in a compact with a nice big mirror and is extremely sturdy.






I bought this at the end of the summer right after a festival so my skin was seriously oily and this was perfect for me. The texture is similar to Benefit's Porefessional but much smoother, it really does blur imperfections and pores. I haven't included any swatches as it's very hard to get the effect on camera. 

Rather than making your skin 'radiant' it concentrates on mattifying, making this much more suited to oily skin types. There's no 'sparkle' unlike some primers so it's perfect for wearing on it's own.  I would recommend this primer for people who like to go make-up-less as it just gives the effect of having really nice skin.

I have been using this with Mac Studio Sculpt Foundation, which is a gel based foundation, so it's much more 'dewy' than my usual foundation, and goes really nicely with this primer. It's a nice balance between shine control from the primer and a healthy 'dew' from the foundation.

My only complaint is that I've been using it probably twice weekly for three months, just on my t-zone and the majority of it has already gone. My Mac Prep + Prime Skin has been going strong for over a year now and is £3 cheaper!

I do like this product but I probably won't buy again, at least not until summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment